Our Reid backpack and satchel-style bag is handcrafted and available in Black, Carbon, Honey, or Tobacco leather colors.
- Crafted in unlined, full-grain cow leather.
- Long flap and pull through top closure.
- Top handle to carry as a briefcase.
- Buckle strap can be configured for backpack or crossbody wear.
- Interior utility pouch, featuring long zipper pocket, an open pocket for your essentials, two pen loops, D-ring to secure your keys, and a small coin purse with snap closure.
13" L x 14" H x 4" D
Satchel Drop: 20-24"
Backpack Strap: 10-15" each
Every single product we make is handmade in a workshop located in rural South Dakota.
This workshop is run by Paige, who specializes in custom saddles and specialty leather goods. She is part of a third-generation saddle making business, well known in the region for its artisan work.
In addition to being our sole maker, Paige contributes as a co-designer in all of our products. Her knowledge, direction, insight and extensive experience with leather make her an integral part of the designing process.
Paige and our team are genuine partners who believe in this project, our products and our vision for 1948 Leather.
Once your order is placed, the production of your product will begin. Because each product is handmade, please expect the production process to take 2-3 weeks.
Once we have your order in hand, we'll ship it to you Priority Mail from South Dakota. We'll email you the tracking information as soon as it leaves our door.
From leather hide to mailbox, please allow 3-4 weeks to receive your order.